- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes. At the top, click Add New and then click Upload Theme on the next page.
- Click Choose File. Select the genesis.zip file that came with your theme in the purchase. Click Install Now and wait for the framework to install. You don’t need to activate it.
*You can update Genesis any time in the future as updates become available. It’s recommended that you update Genesis to the latest version before updating WordPress to avoid compatibility issues
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Themes again. At the top, click Add New and then click Upload Theme on the next page.
- Click Choose File. Select the YourTheme.zip. Click Install Now and wait for the theme to install. Activate the theme.
*If you received a “missing style.css stylesheet” error, you’ve uploaded the incorrect file. Click here for further details.
- (You’ll need to install and activate the following plugins to run with your theme)
In your WordPress dashboard, go to Plugins > Add New > Search bar to search the names of the plugins mentioned below:
- Genesis Enews Extended – This is used for the subscribe/newsletter areas.
- Simple Social Icons – This is used for the social media icons in the sidebar.
- Soliloquy Lite – This is used for the slider feature.
- Instagram Feed – This is used to show your latest Instagram feed.
- Regenerate Thumbnails – This is used to re-crop images if all the images are oddly sized.
- Contact Form 7 – This is used for the contact form on the demo site.
- Jetpack – This is used for the related posts feature.
- Image Widget – This is used for the ‘About’ widget.OPTIONAL PLUGINSIf you are not going to have a portfolio page on your site, you will not need to install this plugin.
- Portfolio Post Type – This is used for the portfolio page. If you are not going to have a shop on your site, you will not need to install these plugins.
- (If your blog is brand new and doesn’t have any images yet, you can skip this step) You’ll need to resize your images using the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin so they can have the same size as the images shown in the demo. In your WordPress dashboard, go to Tools > Regenerate Thumbnails and click Regenerate Thumbnails for All Attachments
PLUGIN SET UP
How do I upload my logo/header image? Bear in mind that the recommended logo/header image size for Estelle and Marilyn is 1105x290px.
How do I set up my menus?
How do I change the layout of a post/page?
How do I add a slider to a post/page?
How do I add text to my author box?
How do I change the pagination?
How do I change the permalink structure?
How do I remove Genesis footer credit from the footer?
How do I customize my theme colors?