Hi! I'm Cierra. A motivated student here to help...
The #1 Resource(s) for YOUR Target Language?
What are you interested in?
Everything you need to know about naturally acquiring a language, minus the travel hassle. Hacks on learning to love the process, and creating realistic, motivational game plans. Resources, reasons, and routines crafted just for you. The Foreign Service Institute says it takes 1100 hours to learn a 'category 4' language? Bring. it. on.
The in’s-and-out’s to exploring the world without ever leaving your home. Learn how to digitally immerse yourself in different cultures and use foreigners across the world as free teachers. Cracking misconceptions, busting myths, encouraging intercultural communication, and living the definition of what it means to be “woke.”
ox description goes here
Helping you figure out the best ways to be your own teacher. Resources, tips, and hacks on teaching yourself anything -- with a heavy focus on motivation and avoiding potential pitfalls. Sharing how I learned that I'm my own best teacher, and the general "feel-good" factor that comes with being self-taught. Chances are you already know your goal; the question is how you're going to achieve it.
Since 2020 is the most digital year we’ve ever had, I want to make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the online learning options available to you. Students of all ages can try their hand at e-learning platforms, remote university courses, home schooling, high school dual enrollment options, and more! Providing proven guidance on how to ignore distractions, set a regular plan, and ultimately reach your academic goal in an unconventional setting.
For me, it’s Vietnamese. So my blog tends to focus more on the language acquisition process that learners of even less popular languages can benefit from. Asian languages are also a recurring focus point on this site! Play with the toggles below to find out where your target language falls!
- Persian (Dari, Farsi, Tajik)
Category V: 2200 hours (88 weeks)
Languages which are exceptionally difficult for native English speakers
[Published by the FSI]
- Cantonese (Chinese)
- Mandarin (Chinese)
* Usually more difficult than other languages in the same category.
You can also take a look at this Map Showing How Much Time It Takes to Learn Foreign Languages: From Easiest to Hardest
Check out my published narratives addressing cultural issues in America on Medium!
- How to motivate yourself past a language learning slump September 21, 2020
- 10 Creative Things to do instead of stressing over covid August 16, 2020
- The #1 social distancing friendly way to travel & getaway August 8, 2020
- The truth about Covid19 and America’s Teenage Students August 8, 2020
- 5 ways to make an impact in your community during Covid19 August 3, 2020
- 10+ Instagram Pages that actually get what language learning is all about on
- 8 creative ways to make money from language learning BEFORE fluency on
- 5 easy ways you can use Pinterest to learn a foreign language on
- 100 FUN ways to learn another language AT HOME on
- 15 motivational quotes for learning a language on